Job summaryThis post offers a Golden Hello or Relocation package up to a maximum of �2000
Are you a RMN, OT or Social Worker, with experience working in a mental health setting?
Perhaps you're looking for a change? To improve or expand your current skills?
Are you passionate about working with children and young people with mental health problems?
The Urgent Help Service is a specialist Sussex wide CAMHS Crisis intervention team, offering a brief crisis and home treatment support for children and young people as part of a multi-agency approach to meet the health and social care needs of children and young people who use our service.
We are a small and flexible team, offering support in family's homes, schools and other community settings. You'll get to see the beauty of Sussex in these exciting and partially lone working roles. Main duties of the job
- To Access Assess young people who may be in need of urgent support to ascertain if they can be considered for crisis support in the community or require admission to a T4 unit
- To provide support and treatment for young people to enable them to stay at home during a mental health crisis
- To support T4 units by reducing length of time young people stay in hospital, but supporting discharge.
- To provide consultation and support to young people undergoing Mental Health Act Assessment
- To contribute to the management of a team caseload of clients in the community with a range of complex needs.
- To support day-to-day management of junior staff, through supervision and appraisal and duty shifts
- To support, and participate in, the planning, development and evaluation of the team
The Trust provides mental health and learning disability care for all ages across Sussex and for children and young people in Hampshire.
Living & Working in Sussex:
- Travel easily between coast and countryside, with a blend of picturesque villages and seaside towns
- Embrace the outstanding natural beauty spots including the iconic Beachy Head and Seven Sisters National Park
- Known as 'The Sunshine Coast', Eastbourne offers a traditional Victorian seafront combined with the more modern Sovereign Harbour Marina
We'd love you to join our Trust, rated 'good' overall and 'outstanding' for caring by the CQC. Our staff agree, recent staff survey results told us that 82% recognise that care for patients is our top priority.
Key staff survey results include:
- 70% highlighting flexible working opportunities as a key point for satisfaction at work
- 79% reporting feeling able to make suggestions to improve the work in their team
- 77% identifying the opportunities to show initiative in their roles
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
In order to be successful in this role you will:
- Be a qualified RMN, OT or Social Worker, registered with the relevant professional body
- Have good experience of clinical assessments and risk management
- Possess prior experience working with people with mental health difficulties
It would also be advantageous if you:
- Have experience working in a community team although not essential
You will be fully supported and empowered to make a difference to creatively develop new ways of working towards building safe and responsive quality mental health services fit for the future. We are currently undertaking a number of Quality Improvement projects to improve the service further
See attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Professional Health or Social Care Registration (NMC or HCPC)
- Mentorship Course / ENB998 or equivalent
- Evidence of CPD
- Significant post qualification experience
- Experience of working with people with serious mental Health problems
- Experience of risk assessment of & research into suicide and self-harm
- Experience of working with self-harm client group
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.