Job summaryAre you a Registered Children's Nurse looking for an exciting opportunity to progress and develop?
We are looking for Band 5 Staff Nurses, to join our dedicated Paediatric Team on the Rainbow Ward and Children's Assessment Unit (CAU) at Scarborough Hospital.
The successful candidate will need to be a Registered Children's Nurse. This post is also suitably for Newly Qualified Children's Nurses as we offer a comprehensive Induction and Preceptorship package.
You will be supported by our enthusiastic Children's Nursing Team, Nurse Educator Specialist Nurses and Medical staff, offering you excellent learning and development opportunities. You will have a tailor made personal and professional development plan to support your career development within this exciting new role.
The Rainbow Ward at Scarborough Hospital is a busy 14 bedded General Paediatric Ward, with a separate Children's Assessment Unit, delivering care for children (0-18 years) with a variety of medical and surgical conditions.Main duties of the job
- Maintain a high standard of patient focused care in accordance with York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Provide assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care for patients, ensuring accurate written records are kept.
- Communicate with patients and carers to ensure they have access to appropriate information.
- Promote and maintain positive relationships between all staff involved in the care of the patient
- Act in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Council Code of Conduct
- Undertake duties on different wards/departments as and when required by service demands
- Demonstrate personal responsibility for compliance with infection control policies and procedures
- Education and Training
Thisdescription indicates the main functions and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended to be a complete list. It will be amended as necessary in the event of future changes.About us
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance through a of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.Job descriptionJob responsibilities A full description of the role is available in the attachment: job description
We also offer a number of other benefits for our Band 5 Staff Nurses which include the following:
- Relocation payment - You may be eligible for a payment of �750 if you are relocating to join our Trust.
- Refer a Friend - You will receive a �250 payment if you refer a nurse to us who subsequently takes up employment in our Trust (paid after the new starter completes 4-months in post).
- Pre-registered Nurses will be paid Band 5 pending their pin
We are proud to offer our Multi-Professional Preceptorship Programme to all newly registered practitioners. This is a wonderful opportunity to welcome you into your new teams and our Trust, providing you with support and guidance as you develop in confidence and competence whilst transitioning from student to autonomous professional.
Preceptorship lasts 12 months and you will be assigned a preceptee who will support coach, mentor and guide you through regular meetings, along side a programme of structured learning
For more information please see the documents attached or contact the Preceptorship team yhs-tr.preceptorship.nhs.net Working for the Trust
Across our organisation, people are guided by values that were co-developed with staff: we are kind; we are open; and we pursue excellence.
Our values play into our ambition to develop a more diverse workforce, truly representative of our communities. We welcome applications from everyone, while working with our Staff Networks - including our Race Equality, LGBTQ+, Disability and Carers Networks - to increase the number of applications we receive from different backgrounds. If there is anything we can do to make our application process more accessible to you, please contact: email@example.com.
As part of seeking to become more inclusive, we will consider requests for flexible working from the start of your employment. It may not be suitable for every role, but we will try and be supportive where we can. We would encourage you to speak to the recruiting manager named within this advert to discuss any requirements you may have. Armed Forces Friendly Employer
We are holders of the Gold Award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, which is helping actively promote SaBRE - Supporting Britains Reservists and Employers. This means that we have made a statement of intent to support all Defence personnel, including with applications for employment. COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Our Trust continues to strongly encourage our staff to be vaccinated against COVID19, this remains our best defence to protect our patients, ourselves and everyone else.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Children's Nurse (Level 1 or 2)
- Insight into current issues in nursing/ professional issues
- Standards of professional practice
- Insight into clinical speciality
- Ability to demonstrate experience in a range of clinical settings
- Experience working with a wide range of professionals
- Willingness to undertake continues professional development within the clinical area
- Understand the training needs in relation to this post
- Ability to communicate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to teach, supervise and assess qualified and unqualified staff
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.