An opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic Specialist Orthoptist to join a team of 10 Orthoptists, 6 Optometrists, 1 Orthoptic Assistant and 3 Ophthalmic Technicians. We work alongside a team of Consultant Ophthalmologists, Specialty and Junior Doctors, Ophthalmic Nurses, Healthcare colleagues and an Ophthalmology admin team.Main duties of the job
You will be responsible for providing specialist Orthoptic services as an autonomous practitioner providing a varied caseload of adult and paediatric clinics independently or in conjunction with our Ocular motility and Paediatric Ophthalmology Consultants within the hospital and community setting.
You will also be required to undertake extended role specialising in Macular Injections.
We are an accredited clinical placement for Orthoptic Undergraduates therefore experience as a clinical tutor would be desirable.
Orthoptic services are also provided within the community at Todmorden Health Centre and Westwood Park, Bradford therefore access to a car is desirable.About us
The Ophthalmology, Optometry and Orthoptic Dept at CHFT prides itself on being a modern, innovative and well integrated department who provides friendly compassionate care across all of our sites in line with the trust values.
Our objectives include transforming and improving patient care through technology, keeping the base safe, preparing a workforce for the future through technology enablement, and contributing towards our financial stability.
We provide a large numbers of ophthalmic subspecialties, emergency and routine care and a wide range of diagnostic services.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Main responsibilities include working as a member of the Orthoptic clinical team providing a range of Orthoptic services as a specialist autonomous practitioner. To perform intravitreal injections as a member of the multidisciplinary Eye Care team.Person SpecificationQUALIFICATIONSEssential
- Degree / Diploma in Orthoptics.
- HCPC Registration
- Post graduate courses within the specialism of Orthoptics and extended roles
PRACTICAL/ INTELLECTUAL SKILLSEssential
- Membership of BIOS
- qualification in IVI
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERTISEEssential
- Good knowledge of national policies and procedures related to the role
- Able to use all Orthoptic equipment
- Willingness to participate in audit / research
- IT skills related to role and undertake presentations as required.
- Working within a multidisciplinary team
- Able to manage own workload and use own initiative.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, under pressure in an unpredictable environment.
- In depth specialist knowledge of Orthoptic practice within adult, paediatric, hospital and community clinics.
- Evidence of CPD and evidence based practice in Orthoptics and medical retina disorders
- Knowledge of the theory of medical retina disorders
- Ability to perform or willing to train in IVI
- Ability to perform Biometry
- Ability to perform Optical Coherence Tomography
- Ability to perform Pachymetry
- Ability to perform Gonioscopy
- Specialist experience within a varied Orthoptic caseload
- Multidisciplinary and partnership working
- Running single handed clinics internally and community
- Vision Screening in primary schools
- Performing visual fields on Humphrey, Goldman, Octopus perimeters
- Experience performing IVI
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.