Would you like to be part of a team dedicated to improving the care and treatment outcomes across a wide range of patients whilst continuing to develop specialist skills in wound care?
We currently have vacancies within our Wound Healing Service. We are a specialist Wound Service focusing on Hard to Heal wounds, working with each patient on realistic goals depending on their wound healing potential.
We deliver advanced wound healing treatments within patients own home or residential/nursing home and within a clinic setting for ambulatory patients. We also work alongside Practice Nurses, Community Nurses and nursing homes offering lots of variety to the role with imparting wound care knowledge across the community.
We welcome experienced qualified nurses who have a passion for wound healing and would like to build on their wound care knowledge and skills while leading a team of Nurses and Healthcare assistants. This role is a rotational post across the 2 areas of the service, wound healing clinics and community wound healing team offering variety to the successful candidate. Please note many Trust interviews take place through Microsoft Teams, this can be downloaded either through the App Store or Google Play for use on your phone/tablet. Main duties of the job
To provide and advise on effective evidence-based wound care and advice to patients who have wound care requirements in Coventry, both in a clinic setting and our community wound healing team. The rotation will ensure the successful candidate the opportunity to work across all aspects of the service. For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.About us
At Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust (CWPT), we deliver a wide range of physical, mental health, learning disability and autism services, and are proud to serve communities across Coventry, Warwickshire and beyond.
We put 'people at our heart'; this ethos is at the centre of everything we do and how we do it. We care for our staff and colleagues as much as they care for others and offer a wide range of benefits and development opportunities.
- generous annual leave entitlement which increases during your time with us
- excellent learning and development opportunities, including apprenticeship frameworks, distance learning, internal training, coaching and mentoring, and much more
- salary sacrifice schemes for lease car/ vehicle, Cycle to Work, home and electronics, gym membership and more
- discounts with a range of retailers, restaurants and entertainment venues through our Employee Assistance Programme and NHS discount schemes
- wellbeing support, including an in-house counselling service, external helpline, and more
- staff networks and support groups
We're always on the lookout for people who share our passion for improving the lives and well-being of people in our community, as well as our values of compassion, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Essential Requirements for this post:
- Registered General Nurse (RGN) or about to graduate
- Able to plan, assess, evaluate patient care.
- Experience of working within the wound care field
- Flexibility, Motivated, innovative and committed to career progression.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- A full driving license and access to a vehicle with business use insurance are essential. There is a daily requirement for driving either to and from patients homes or to a locality base.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Knowledge and skillsEssential
- First Level Nurse
- Relevant qualification / training / experience in Tissue Viability/Wound Care
- Understanding of local national initiatives within the Tissue Viability
- Comprehensive knowledge of wound management
- Communication skills including communication with a range of professionals
- To be prolific in the use of outlook, Microsoft office
- Able to travel for work purposes and have access to an independent means of transport.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.