These B8a Non-Medical Prescriber (NMP) roles are the cornerstone of our Community Mental Health transformation which seeks to provide a more seamless pathway of mental health care across different levels of care. These new senior posts are critical in maintaining the smooth running of the system and are part of the Trust's commitment to developing nurse career pathways, growing and retaining our nursing expertise and cultivating a new diverse workforce.
Post holders offer clinical supervision, CPD and skills building and clinical leadership for primary care colleagues. They also offer assessments for those patients with complex needs which may also involve prescribing before commencing their treatment intervention in the less intensive levels of care. The nurses also work closely with the GP's offering ad hoc advice and guidance, join MDT virtual clinics and monthly meetings with the PCN GP mental health leads to support building relationships of trust and transparency between mental health services and primary care.
The Specialist Nurse Practitioners are based in the district Adult Locality Teams. They enhance the senior MDT leadership team offering the voice of primary care. They offer triage and support to clinical discussion; they offer outpatient reviews and support the appropriate step down of patients from more intensive levels of treatment into the new psychological skills and stabilisation services.Main duties of the job
Key to the success of these new roles is the post holder's clinical leadership in ensuring continuing improvement in the quality of clinical interventions and performance of the teams to which they are attached.
Most critically the post holder needs to ensure that the quality of assessments carried out across the teams they work with are of the highest standard possible. The ability of our teams to understand patients' needs/diagnosis and to formulate a robust plan of care is vital not only to the patient but also to the effectiveness of the whole mental health system which must rely on the quality of these interventions to assume that each patient is receiving the care most appropriate to them.
The post holder will be expected to be committed to a multidisciplinary approach to treatment and actively contribute to MDT and formulation meetings within PCMHS/ALT and work in close collaboration with team members, care coordinators, other CPFT services, third sector and statutory agencies as required for the care of community patients.About us
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust is a health & social care organisation dedicated to providing high quality care with compassion to improve the health & wellbeing of the people we care for, as well as supporting & empowering them to lead a fulfilling life.
Our clinical teams deliver many NHS services not only via inpatient and primary care setting but also with the community. These services include Children, Adult & Older Peoples mental & physical health, Forensic & Specialist mental health, Learning Disabilities, Primary Care & Liaison psychiatry, Substance misuse, Social care, Research & Development.
To achieve our goal, we look to recruit high calibre candidates that share our vision & values. As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from all sectors of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including disabled people & members of our ethnic minorities & LGBTQ+ communities.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details of responsibilities Demonstrate highly advanced clinical knowledge and skills in supporting complex mental health triage, assessment and formulations and the follow up/tracking of patients across the divided sectors. To advise and prescribe for agreed medications, writing prescriptions and overseeing titrations where needed. Support the development of clinical skills for PCMHS staff and support the decision making for services users accessing CPFT and 3rd sector care pathways. To provide the highest quality services within the resources allocated and provide specialist clinical advice across the relevant sector. Offer consultation on triages, assessments, formulations and risk mitigation planning. Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- In depth experience as a senior professional or manager
- The ability to do a robust and succinct clinical formulation
- Evidence of the ability to make sound clinical decisions
- Evidence of the ability to undertake difficult assessments
- Evidence of the ability to make a sound risk assessment
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Extensive experience of B7 operational and clinical management of staff
- Experience of working in PCMHS, or in Exemplar
- Experience of working with wider stakeholder groups
- Able to demonstrate commitment to high quality care and service provision.
- Able to demonstrate sound management of risk
- Proven track record of achieving objectives and working within set timescales.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working within evolving services and environments
- Ability to provide consultation to a wide range of professionals
- Evidence of leadership ability, able to influence, involve and develop individuals and teams
Understanding & Personal AttributesEssential
- Experience in audit and/or experience of managing feedback, investigation of complaints or similar
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to foster good inter-team/inter-agency working relationships
- Ability to engage and motivate staff to deliver challenging targets
- Creative and innovative thinker and able to work independently
- Recognise people's right to privacy and dignity, treating every person with respect
- The post holder must be willing and able to travel across the various locations across the trust
- Willingness to embrace integrated model and new ways of working
- Degree or equivalent qualification
- Evidence of Post qualification continuing professional development to master's level or equivalent experience
- NMP qualification with demonstrated experience of prescribing independently or with close supervision
- Masters level in relevant subject or intention to pursue equivalent
- Management/leadership Qualification and/or Quality Improvement training and experience
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.