Ensure the efficient and effective operational management of Outpatient nursing within area of responsibility, in conjunction with the Clinical Lead and Divisional General Manager, and the provision of high quality evidence based patient care. Manage Department Leaders, and other Senior Nurses to ensure continuous quality improvement and the development of nursing/clinical practice.
Provide professional and clinical leadership to ensure the maintenance of clinical standards and delivery of trust priorities.
To work with the Clinical Lead and Patient Services Manager to ensure the highest levels of customer care are delivered and promoted within Outpatient Services.
To plan and deliver nursing skill mix and requirements to support the Business Units to meet capacity and demand to meet the needs of the Service Lines.Main duties of the job
Provide strong clinical leadership, energising, inspiring and empowering nurses and other clinical staff to ensure the effective management of all services within the area of responsibility.
In partnership with the Divisional Management Team, Service leads and lead Consultants/Department leaders, adopt a clinical management approach which is supportive, energetic, enthusiastic, dynamic and innovative, and which supports staff to create an environment that is challenging, stimulating and supportive to individuals.
Promote an ethos of team and joint working, collaboration and mutual respect amongst all members of staff.
To utilise highly specialist knowledge to develop outpatient nursing services i.e nurse led clinics and development of extended scope practice
Take a lead on the privacy and dignity of patients, including chaperoning.
Ensure appropriate coordination and management of all facilities within the service areas, ensuring the maintenance of safe working environments and adherence to all health and safety policies.
Ensure appropriate arrangements are in place to monitor the performance of all nursing staff which facilitates necessary action to manage poor performance, e.g. attendance, conduct and behaviour issues.
Ensure that robust systems are in place for the verification of professional registration of staff, including NMC registration of all nursing staff.About us
In May 2020,King's Mill Hospital, where 90% of our services are based, was rated Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission and is the only Outstanding hospital in the East Midlands.Newark HospitalandMansfield Community Hospitalare both rated Good and all 15 of our services are rated Good for Safety with five Outstanding services.
Safe, patient centred care is delivered by well supported people and in 2018 and 2019 colleagues at Sherwood rated us the best Acute Trust in the Midlands. In 2019, in the Freedom to Speak Up Index, we were the top rated Acute Trust in the East Midlands.
We provide outstanding healthcare from modern buildings and increasingly across the community to 500,000 people in Mansfield, Ashfield, Newark, Sherwood and parts of Derbyshire and Lincolnshire. We work with 5,000 colleagues in our three hospitals - King's Mill, Newark and Mansfield Community and we have well established relationships with partners in health and social care through the Mid Nottinghamshire Integrated Care Partnership.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To understand the role in more details, please read attached job job description and person specifications documentsPerson SpecificationKnowledgeEssential
- Highly developed specialist knowledge of Outpatient nursing acquired through degree or equivalent training and experience
- Proven knowledge of the broader nursing, education and professional issues
- Good working knowledge of contemporary health care issues and professional standards
- Understanding of the complex dynamics of a multi-professional environment.
- Evidence of operational and strategic development of patient safety initiatives and strategies
- Experience in education and professional development.
- First level Registered Nurse
- Masters level degree or equivalent experience
- Significant training within outpatient care i.e ophthalmology, OCT, Biometry , FFA's , BCC plaster course
- Recognised teaching qualification
- Additional Professional /management qualifications.
- Demonstration of on-going Professional development
- Extensive senior nursing experience within an Outpatient environment
- Proven track record in leadership and management
- Evidence of participating in and leading organisational change that has led to changes in quality
- Experience of operating and communicating effectively with Clinicians and Managers
- Experience of initiating, conducting and evaluating risk assessments and investigations
- Experience of leading and managing staff
- Experience of working towards meeting Care Quality Commission standards.
- Complaints Management
- Experience of service improvement methodologies
- Highly motivated and resourceful with a proactive approach to innovation
- Ability to act autonomously with minimal supervision
- Exposure to clinical areas and patient contact will be required
- Required to undertake on call duties
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.