There is an exciting opportunity to join our experienced, specialist nursing team as a Cystic Fibrosis clinical nurse specialist (Band 5) on the Cystic Fibrosis unit (NUH City campus) supporting CF nursing team in clinic.
The successful candidate will be motivated to learn, a good communicator, a role model to others and willing to teach others.Main duties of the job
In addition to the below summary you need to familiarize yourself with full Job Description and Person Specification documents attached to this advert.
The successful candidate will work alongside the wider MDT consisting of doctors, dietitians, physiotherapists, psycho/social team and nursing staff to provide high quality, specialist care to our patients. Working in our outpatient department supporting the specialist nursing team with clinics and home IV's as well as getting involved in the annual assessment process. The successful candidate will be able to prepare patients for clinic by undertaking observations key in CF care and preparing the environment including some general housekeeping.About us
The Cystic Fibrosis unit is a specialist unit set up to care for adults with the long term condition. We accommodate outpatient clinics (virtual and face to face) and have a 15 bedded inpatient ward which accepts a mix of patients with CF and other respiratory conditions. On the unit we coordinate nursing care based on the specific needs of the patients. In outpatients we set up patients to give IV's at home, start and monitor targeted new drug therapies, undertake annual reviews, day case treatments, specialist clinics, research trials and drop in nurse review appointments.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please familiarise yourself with the attached job description and person specification for further details relating to main roles and responsibilities.Person SpecificationNMC registrationEssential
- Current level one NMC registration
Adapt to changeEssential
- Able to undertake specialty training at diploma level.
- At least 3 years registration as a registered nurse / midwife
Communication and relationship skillsEssential
- Experience working with patients with respiratory conditions/Cystic Fibrosis/long term health conditions
Analytical and Judgement skillsEssential
- Able to present and receive relevant clinical information to a multi-professional audience.
- Able to convey sensitive information in an empathic manner to staff and patients / clients.
Planning and organisation skillsEssential
- Able to independently assess and interpret signs and symptoms and take appropriate action
- Able to respond to problems / situations and to ensure that effective interventions are put in place.
- Able to organise own workload.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.