The Primary Care Network (PCN) is made up of community nurses and Proactive Care + and is a team that works with patients and customers to actively promote health and wellbeing. The team develop sustainable proactive plans for patients to promote independence and prevent unnecessary hospital admissions and unplanned social care placements.
Responsible for leading and managing the transformation of the Proactive Care + vision of shifting the balance of care away from reactive to proactive planned care in the community.
Responsible for the leadership and coordination of care, the post holder will have a lead role in supporting development and delivery of practice standards within the PCN. This will include operational leadership to the community nurses to ensure an integrated model of care is delivered.
The Team Lead will be responsible for day-to-day management of the team in relation to activity generated as a result of referrals being made to the MDT to ensure service outcomes and performance indicators are met
The Team Lead will be responsible for ensuring the delivering of high quality of care within the community setting working with patients proactively to enable and promote self management and independence throughout the continuum of care.
To work in partnership with West Sussex County Council, Sussex Partnership trust, GPs, local statutory and voluntary organisation Clinical Commissioning Groups.Main duties of the job
- To line manage the MDT staff with support from the Human Resource Department, to include, recruitment, sickness and absence monitoring and disciplinary/performance
- To lead, develop and manage the day to day activity of team members to promote independence and health & wellbeing of patients and customers. Enabling staff members to cope with increasing complexity and manage a high volume workload.
- To ensure supervision and appraisal structure in place for all team members within the defined area of responsibility in conjunction with the appropriate employing agency and professional background
- Identify staff training needs and liaise with all appropriate employing agencies to ensure that staff develop and maintain the required skills to deliver a high quality service.
- To ensure all team members attend statutory and mandatory training maintain the required skills and knowledge required to deliver a high quality service
- To cultivate, develop and lead a coordinated seamless approach to multidisciplinary working on team and personal level.
- Promote professional empowerment by identifying and overcoming barriers preventing effective multidisciplinary working
- Develop a confident, transformational leadership/management style promoting a team philosophy which supports proactive care and encourages patient to self manage their long term conditions.
Please see the JD attachedAbout us
At SCFT we believe in excellent care at the heart of the community. We encourage and expect all staff to actively promote and adhere to our values in every aspect of their work. Compassionate care
Caring for people in ways we would want for our loved ones Achieving Ambitions
For patients and service users, colleagues, our teams and our organisation Working Together
Forging strong links with our patients, the public and our health and care partners, so we can rise to the challenges we face together Delivering Excellence
Because our patients and partners deserve nothing lessJob descriptionJob responsibilities
To Coordinate regular MDT meetings and ensure they are run in accordance with agreed standards. Using clinical MDT meetings to develop and share learning to transform how staff work together
Convening regular MDT development meetings to ensure team development and allowing open dialogue, sharing ideas and concerns that can impact on effective Multiagency and Multidisciplinary working, including liaison with other MDTs to develop consistency and share learning and development.
The Team Lead will manage the daily activity generated by the MDT; in addition they will provide supervision to other members of the MDT ensuring coordinated working and development of the overall MDT.
To ensure provision of professional leadership to staff within own discipline and facilitation of appropriate professional leadership and supervision for other disciplines.
Ensure the team members work together with the principle that the various disciplines promote a person-centred approach
Review and analyse monthly reports on MDT activity. Ensure that monthly MDT activity is reported through the organisation and to the proactive care management board. To use monthly reports to further develop MDT team and take corrective action if key performance indicators are not being achieved
Regularly use own advanced skills and expert knowledge to ensure the physical and psychosocial needs of defined client group, are met. Ensuring that care plans and treatments based on best available evidence to improve health outcomes and promote health and wellbeing.
The team lead needs to ensure that evidence based practice are central to every patient care package. The team lead will need to provide appropriate, respectful challenge to team members decisions in order to demonstrate robust clinical reasoning and to ensure that any changes in care plans or packages are line with current statutory regulations and relevant national guidance
To act as role model for managing difficult and complex behaviours/situations, treat others with care and compassion, demonstrate professionalism and uphold the Trust Values at all times.
To liaise with all relevant stakeholders (both statutory and voluntary sectors) to promote proactive care and cultivated effective working arrangements
To ensure appropriate systems are in place to provide the actions and outcomes required for patients. Ensuring appropriate referral systems are in place to other services and multi-disciplinary professionals.
Leading/participating in meetings/case conferences in response to the needs of the individual.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Professional Clinical Qualification
- Relevant post graduate modules / qualification
- Management qualification or willingness to undertake
- Evidence of relevant Continuing Professional Development (CPD) to underpin clinical reasoning skills and ability to undertake assessment, analysis and treatment
- Minimum 3 - 5 years Post Registration experience in a senior role
- Experience of multi-professional and cross-organisational work
- Experience of performance management including reporting against targets and risk management
- Experience of Human Resource Management including recruitment and retention of staff, performance management and managing sickness and absence
- Experience of project / service development
- Experience of working in the community or a community hospital setting
- Competent computer skills and ability to utilise information and information technology
- Relevant clinical skills ability to provide supervision
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development
- Evidence of innovative practice and research
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.