We have an exciting opportunity for a clinical psychologist who is keen to work in community mental healthcare. The post may suit a newly qualified psychologist looking to develop into an 8A role via a preceptorship.
You will join a friendly and supportive team of psychologists and psychological therapists with a wealth of expertise including CBT, DBT, CAT, ACT, EMDR and psychodynamic approaches. We have good supervision structures and an excellent track record of CPD, as well as strong academic links.
You will be based at College Keep, Southampton and receive professional leadership and line management from a Principal Clinical Psychologist who is also based at College Keep. You will also receive clinical supervision tailored to your own model of practice. The Central Community Mental Health Team base is in a vibrant urban area and enjoys free parking. Flexible working arrangements are possible, including some remote working according to clinical need.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and keen to increase the diversity of our team.
A recently qualified Band 7 psychologist may be considered for this post with a preceptorship leading to Band 8A following completion of a formal log of competencies, usually over a period of 18-36 months (depending on experience already obtained). A preceptorship job description is available on request.Main duties of the job
In this post, you will help develop, organise and deliver psychology services to the Southampton Central community mental health team. Working alongside colleagues, you will provide specialist psychological assessments, formulations and interventions. You will offer consultation, supervision and training to staff within the multi-disciplinary team. You will also be involved in MDT meetings and complex case panels. There will also be the opportunity to lead on the development and delivery of our Living Skills Group, which is an adapted DBT-based skills group.
Applicants should have experience of working with people with severe mental health problems. We are looking for someone who has well-developed interpersonal, clinical and research skills, together with the resilience needed to thrive in a busy community-based NHS service.About us
Are you committed to providing remarkable care and service?
Are you passionate about helping people and want to make a difference every day?
We want to meet you!
Southern Health is one of the largest Foundation Trusts in the UK, specialising in mental health, adult and child community health and learning disabilities. We are committed to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children, young people and adults at risk of abuse and neglect through our 6,500 strong workforce.
Southern Health has over 300 sites across the county and we serve 1.5 million people throughout all stages of their lives. Our aim is to work alongside the people we support (and our health and care partners) to deliver the best possible care and constantly improve.
Here at SHFT we have so much to be proud of:
- Working as a team and supporting each other, we put patients and our staff at the heart of everything we do.
- We have a skilled and diverse workforce and are committed to our staff development, offering bespoke training packages, leadership pathways and career opportunities.
- We offer a variety of benefits such as an amazing pension scheme, generous annual leave, Childcare Choices scheme, many discounts (Blue Light card, The Company Shop, NHS Staff Discounts, cycle to work scheme) and much more.
Come to work with us, together we will provide outstanding treatment and care to improve lives.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Further information about the Trust and this role can be found on the Job Description and Person Specification document attached.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Doctoral level training in applied psychology (or its equivalent for those trained prior to 1996), including specifically models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology as accredited by the BPS.
- Registered with the Health Care Professions Council as a Practitioner Psychologist.
Southern Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
4-12 Terminus Terrace
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.