We are recruiting for a Tissue Viability Support Nursewho shares our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our small but passionate team on a substantive basis.
We are looking for a dynamic and self-motivated registered nurse who will provide expert Tissue Viability care to our patients and service users.
The applicant will work within the existing Tissue Viability team to continue our agenda on continuous quality improvement within the discipline of Tissue Viability, they will assist and deliver education to the wider MDT on an as required basis to motivate staff to improve practice and the delivery of safe effective care.
The applicant will role model excellent communication and leadership skills committed to improving the outcomes of the patients we are privileged to serve.
Our Values are Include, Respect and Improve. It is important that you understand and refer to our values during your recruitment process and beyond!Main duties of the job
To promote expert, individualised patient centred clinical care for clients with Tissue Viability needs including vascular needs, compromised skin integrity and pressure ulcers by using evidence based practice
The Tissue Viability Nurse will assess and plan care for patients referred to the service and work in conjunction with the tissue viability team. The role will include the provision of care and supervision of the delivery of this care by clinical staff. The post holder will offer education and support to patients, carers and other health care professionals.
The Tissue Viability Nurse will work closely with other health care professionals to promote a high standard of care in the prevention and management of pressure ulcers ensuring the pressure ulcer policy & pathway are followed
You will work as part of a highly motivated and proactive tissue viability team which is able to provide professional and personal development opportunities and offer appropriate support for this post. You will have an active role in all aspects of wound care management within the Trust, including audits, pressure ulcer management and reporting, prescribing and leading on training programs for all aspects of tissue viability.About us
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general & specialist services we provide & our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible & innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation; our staff & patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We understand that finding and starting a new job is an important life decision. If you need reasonable adjustments for a disability, or a life event, such as menopause - so that we can consider your application fairly & to get the best out of you during the selection process, please let us know.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. Employees are entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns & we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made & considered formally, & will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification applicant pack for further detailed information regarding this rolePerson SpecificationQualifications/ TrainingEssential
- 1st level Registered Nurse
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Tissue Viability related post registration education or willing to work towards.
- BSc Tissue Viability
- 2 years post registration experience
- Previous experience of audit & assessing.
- Experience as a Tissue Viability Link Nurse
- Evidence of good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to influence, manage and achieve objectives
- Self-motivated to manage own time and study
- Leadership and change management skills
- Knowledge of current issues relating to the field of tissue viability.
- Computer literate
- Audit processes
- Knowledge of the management of acute and chronic wounds.
- Knowledge of the prevention of pressure ulcers
- Experience and evidence of engagement around equality, diversity and inclusion issues in relation to policy, service development and service delivery in respect of both services to users and the management of staff
- Role model our Trust values every day
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.